Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

So yesterday was my 29th birthday. Wa-hoo! I love birthdays! Don woke up at 6am (and he is NOT a morning person) to make me pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream and to decorate the house all birthday like before he had to go to work. Sweet guy. I spent most of the day with Brighton and she sang "Happy Bowday to Mommy" about a hundred times, which I of course loved. :) We all went out to dinner and then came home and ate my yummy Coldstone b-day cake and I opened some gifts. A friend asked me if I hated being almost 30. I really have to say that I don't at all! I don't want to be 20, I want to be 29! 20 was great and all, but I love my life right now more than I ever have. I am so happy and content and I really have no desire to be any younger. So yay for 29 and watch out 30, here I come!

Here is a little birthday singing clip from yesterday.

4 comments:

Haskins said...

Yeah Happy birthday to you!!! I am so glad that you were born on the day that you are! SO sorry for being the worst friend alive but I hope you got my message late last night!!! I am so glad that Don was able to make your very special day special!! I am so glad to have you in my life!! Happy 29th birthday! You dont look a day older than 20 he he

The Fear Fam said...

Happy Birthday! And how sweet of Don to make you such a yummy breakfast. I'm glad you had a nice day!

Angie said...

Loved the little video! Brighton is such a doll. I might call her on my birthday, just to have her sing to me!! Glad Don took such good care of you. Happy 29th.

Maren said...

Happy Birthday to you! What a birthday song. I love that Brighton is so happy.
I also love that you mentioned how much you are enjoying this age. I think you can spend your life wishing you could go backward, or you can enjoy your moments as you go forward, since you have no choice in which direction you are going anyway.
Next year is 30 for us! Big plans in the works?