Thursday, May 29, 2008

Grandma Pope

Leah May Carson Pope, my grandmother, passed away last week. She was one of the most genuine, kind, fun people I have ever known. She will be missed so much, but I smile every time I think about the reunion she must be having with my grandfather who passed away 13 years ago. She is tied to so many of my childhood memories and I feel so lucky to have been able to spend so much time with her growing up. Her funeral was wonderful. I thought that the culmination of all of the stories and memories shared captured her beautifully and it was great to be with so much family and celebrate such a wonderful human being. I love you Grandma.

2 comments:

Shannon & Summer said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandma. Grandparents have such a profound influence on our lives.

Haskins said...

IT's so sad when they go but happy at the same time because you know that they had lived thier lives and they are now in such a wonderful place. It was so fun to see you!! Hopefully we can come see you soon!!