Saturday, August 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Don!

Today Don turned 31! I am so lucky to be married to him. He is the best husband, father, and person. I'd list all the things I love about him on this blog, but I know he would really not be into that so I'll just say that there are A LOT and that Bri and I love him to pieces!

We have had a fun b-day weekend! We dropped Bri off at Catherin's for a sleepover yesterday afternoon, went to Palimino's for lunch (yum), and I surprised Don and we went to the Mariner's/A's game in Seattle. We had great seats and even though the A's lost, we had a great time. Safeco is such a great field! One of the highlights of the game was the crazy who sat behind us. He was by himslef, but was giving everyone that would listen the play by play and the history of baseball, including the history of the wave, which he claimed not to really know the orgins of, but still managed to talk about for like 10 minutes. I'm pretty sure he was just making stuff up. He was seriously cracking us up. I felt bad for the cute old couple sitting next to him. We stayed overnight in Seattle, slept in a little, had a great breakfast, and drove back to Portland. It was such a fun little getaway. When we got home, Don opened a few gifts and we ate ice cream cake from Coldstone. It was cake batter ice cream with brownies and oreo's mixed in and had chocolate icing with chocolate shavings and oreos on the top. Um, I felt the need to describe the cake in detail because it was pure deliciousness and of course, quite nutritious. Or, maybe the opposite of nutritious, but it sure was yummy!! Happy Birthday Don/Daddy. Mmwwaahh! We sure love you!!

8 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

Okay if I weren't so busy I would be running to Coldstone right now!! Sounds like a great weekend!

Lewis News said...

Happy Birthday Don!! Quincy claims he already talked to you and wished you a happy birthday...so here are some birthday wishes from the rest of us...kodiak, cooper, maeve and me!

The Fear Fam said...

Happy Birthday, Don!

Thanks so much for describing the cake, Ashley... now I'm going to have to go to Coldstone tomorrow!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday, Don. Sounds lke a fun little weekend. Glad you got to get away. Seems like it takes a lot to make a get away happen, but always worth it.

Haskins said...

Happy birthday Don!!! You are getting so old! Just kidding, I agree with ashley with everything she wrote about you! I am sure glad she married such a great guy!! I figured ash would buy a cold stone cake! He He

Haskins said...

Um, I know I have been so lazy lately I have so many pictures to post and just have been too tired! Blah, I know not a good excuse! I have been dying to get a hold of you I wish we could run the same schedule again. Remember the good ole days! He he

The Gunn Family said...

I dream of getting a coldstone cake every time I'm in there. I just can't fork out the dough for such a tiny cake. Is it really worth it???

Steph

The Farrell Family said...

To answer your question Steph, um YES, YES, and YES!