Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley

I was so sad to to hear that President Hinckley passed away last night. Don and I sat and talked about him for awhile and about what an exemplary life he led. I cried when Don told me his experience with President Hinckley in New Zeland and how he truly knew that he was a prophet of God. I am so grateful to have that same knowledge. It's hard to imagine there being another prophet, but I know we will all come to cherish the next, just as we have cherished President Hinckley.

I loved President Hinckley's spirit, his fun sense of humor, his passion, his selflessness. I loved that when he spoke, I could always feel his love bursting through the tv screen and I always just had to smile at this warm, amazing man with seemingly endless amounts of wisdom, love, and service to give. He has truly made a profound impact on my life and on this world.

1 comment:

Haskins said...

I think you should be a writter!! I love what you just wrote. It is so beautiful!! Love ya